Which Type Of Hardwood Floor Is Right For You?
There are many different types of hardwood flooring on the market, and it can be difficult to decide which type is right for your home. Each type of wood has its unique look and feel, and it’s important to choose a floor that will complement the style of your home.
Join us today as we discuss the different types of hardwood floors available, as well as the benefits and drawbacks of each one. We’ll also provide tips for caring for your hardwood floors so they stay looking beautiful for years to come!
What Are Hardwood Floors?
Hardwood floors are made from, you guessed it, hardwoods! Hardwoods are a type of wood that is typically denser and more durable than other types of wood. This makes them ideal for flooring because they can withstand a lot of wear and tear.
Types of Hardwood Flooring
There are many different types of hardwood floors on the market, each with its unique look and feel. The most common types of hardwood floors include:
- Oak: Oak is a popular type of hardwood floor because it is very durable and has a classic look. It is available in many different colors, ranging from light to dark.
- Maple: Maple hardwood floors are also very durable and have a clean, modern look. They are typically lighter in color than oak floors.
- Cherry: Cherry hardwood floors have a rich, red hue and a smooth finish. They are less common than other types of hardwood floors but are very beautiful.
- Walnut: Walnut hardwood floors are dark in color and have a rich, elegant look. Each type of wood has its unique grain pattern and color, so it’s important to choose one that will complement the style of your home.
- Birch: Birch hardwood floors are similar to oak floors in terms of durability and appearance. They are available in both light and dark colors.
- Hickory: Hickory hardwood floors are very strong and durable. They have a rustic look and are available in both light and dark colors.
Benefits Of Hardwood Floors
There are many benefits to installing hardwood floors in your home. Hardwood floors are:
- Durable: Hardwood floors are very durable and can last for many years with proper care.
- Easy to clean: Hardwood floors are easy to keep clean with regular sweeping and mopping.
- Beautiful: Hardwood floors add beauty and value to your home.
How To Install Hardwood Floors
Installing hardwood floors is a big project, but it’s one that you can do yourself with the right tools and some patience. Here are the basic steps for installing hardwood floors:
- Choose the type of wood you want: As we discussed earlier, there are many different types of hardwood floors available. You’ll need to decide on the type of wood you want before you begin.
- Measure your space: Once you know which type of wood you want, measure the area where you’ll be installing the floors. This will help you determine how much wood you need to purchase.
- Prepare the subfloor: The subfloor is the surface that your hardwood floors will be installed on top of. You’ll need to make sure it is clean and level before proceeding with the installation.
- Install the flooring: Now it’s time to install your hardwood floors! Start by laying down a row of planks along one wall, making sure to leave enough space for expansion joints. Continue installing rows of planks until the entire floor is covered.
- Finish up: Once all the planks are in place, you’ll need to trim any excess and install baseboards or shoe molding. Then, your hardwood floors are ready to be used.
Caring for Hardwood Floors
Now that you have beautiful hardwood floors in your home, it’s important to know how to care for them so they stay looking their best. Here are some tips for caring for your hardwood floors:
- Sweep or vacuum regularly: Regular sweeping or vacuuming will help keep dirt and dust from scratching the surface of your floors.
- Mop with a gentle cleanser: When mopping, use a gentle cleaner designed specifically for hardwood floors. Avoid using too much water, as this can damage the wood. We recommend using Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner.
- Use mats and rugs: Place mats or rugs at entryways to help catch dirt and sand
- Wipe up spills immediately: Spills can cause water damage or staining, so be sure to wipe them up as soon as they happen.
- Protect from furniture: Place felt pads under heavy furniture to prevent scratches and other damage. Check out ruby slider reviews for one floor-protecting option that customers love.
Hardwood floors are a beautiful addition to any home, and with proper care, they can last for many years. We hope this guide has helped you choose the right type of hardwood floor for your home and provided some helpful tips for caring for your new floors. Have any questions? Feel free to reach out to us for more information.
Leave a Comment